Posting your content on Twitter to increase awareness about your brand is great. However, if you want to extend your influence online: get your content retweeted.
Infographics Source: QuickSprout
There are a lot of benefits of retweets, including:
- Message is spread further than just your Twitter followers;
- Visits to your website and blog increase, leading to more clients for your business;
- Brand awareness goes up;
- Brand credibility increases as you are viewed as a source of value with more retweets.
When used properly, retweets often lead to more followers, more influence, and more traffic.
So my favorite tips to get more retweets are the following:
- Tweet Links – a tweet referring to an online source has a bigger change to be retweeted.
- Ask for RT (retweet) – add “Please Retweet”, “RT”, “PleaseRT” to your tweet and get more than 150% higher retweet rate.
- Send out retweets more often than you promote your own tweets – people who send more retweets receive more retweets.
- Tweet new things – content that gets retweeted the most: news, instructional, entertainment, opinion, products, small talk.
- Tweet at the right time – tweets posted on between noon to 2pm (especially on Friday) get retweeted the most.
What other methods do you use to get more retweets?