Affiliate Summit West is just a few short days away and we can’t wait to get to Vegas and do some networking. There’s no doubt that massive conferences like these can be a bit nerve racking, especially if you’re new to the industry—but don’t worry, The Mail’s got you covered with our 18 tips for making the most of ASW14. Keep calm and sell on!
- Try to capture and share the fun moments.
- Go in with an action plan in mind.
- Have your business cards out and ready to go.
- What are your objectives for the show? Have a list of things you expect to accomplish from your three days in Vegas (besides partying).
- Know your target audience. Read the list of exhibitors in advance so that you know who you want to meet.
- Do not just book time with clients that you already know. The goal is to meet some new people.
- Have your pitch down so that when you meet new people you know precisely what to tell them that you do.
- Ask people what they do. It lets them know you are interested in doing business with them.
- Distill every conversation down to actionable points.
- Separate your collected cards into cards you are going to act upon first, as they are most likely to do business with you.
- Ask people if you can add them to your business newsletter.
- After the show, follow up with people really quickly so that they remember the conversation you had and the actions that you plan to take.
- Bring along some headache medicine.
- Drink lots of water.
- Take lots of photos with people and tag them—it’s one of the best ways for people to remember you.
- Be nice to strangers—you never know who they are, what will happen, or who might be watching.
- Book in advance to go to the parties to avoid long lines.
- Think of what to say if I ask you for an interview and be ready for the camera!
For more performance marketing stories and exclusive content, make sure to like TheMail on Facebook, follow on Twitter, subscribe on YouTube, and sign up for our Email newsletter.